Be safe and skate happily...!
- No smoking - the arena is a “smoke free zone”.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- Don’t run around the perimeter of the arena.
- Listen to the “ice marshal’s”.
- When entering the ice surface through one of the 4 allocated doors please be aware of skaters skating passed you – don’t just ”shoot” onto the surface.
- Directions of the ice Marshal on duty must be obeyed at all times.
- Skaters may not enter the ice until the ice resurfacer doors are closed. Skaters must leave the ice promptly at the end of a session before resurfacing begins.
- Skates must be worn to enter the ice surface.
- Announcements must be adhered to at all times by skaters.
- No racing , speeding or reckless skating is allowed during public sessions.
- Skating across traffic or cutting in front of other skaters is prohibited.
- Eating or drinking is not permitted on the ice surface.
- Jumps and spins will be confined to centre ice. Jumps are not permitted during busy public sessions.
- Beginner skaters should skate along the sideboards.
- Skaters should avoid stopping on ice next to sideboards as beginners need to use this area for support.
- No more than two skaters may join hands while skating.
- Chain skating is not permitted.
- Carrying people or articles on the ice is not allowed.
- Do not sit on, lean over, or leave articles on the sideboards.
- Lock all personal belongings in a locker provided in the rink area. The ice rink is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
a. Speed skating on a general session,
b. Spraying ice, kicking ice or throwing ice,
c. Personal stereos, radios or cameras are to be taken on the ice.
- Please put rubbish in the bins provided.
- Do not use mobile phones on the ice.
- If anyone notices any dangerous behaviour or someone not complying with the rink rules, please notify a rink steward immediately.
- Abusive or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
- If you are hurt or see anyone injured, notify an “Ice Marshal” immediately.
- No anti-social behaviour including shouting, swearing, spitting, fighting, vandalism, petting, bullying, and boisterousness.
- No digging, chipping or throwing ice.
- No skating in a manner dangerous to yourself or others.
- No hockey sticks, puck or ball playing around rink or on ice during sessions.
- No photography of any type without the written permission of the Duty Manager.
- No baseball caps, hoods, scarves or clothing deemed potentially hazardous.
- Gloves are recommended.
- No pushing or shoving.
- No gum is permitted on the ice surface.
Important - The manager reserves the right, at his/her sole discretion, to refuse admission or remove anyone from the premises not abiding by the above rules or anyone that they consider is unable to skate due to reasons such as alcohol.
Any contravention of the above rules or any other misconduct may result in either individuals or groups being asked to leave the building.